Valid Network sees a world where security and blockchain go hand-in-hand, enabling enterprises to adopt blockchain applications quickly and with greater confidence. We are working towards securing the future of the global economy. Our team of experts, cybersecurity experts, early adopters of blockchain, and tech fans work together to balance experience and intelligence, with opportunity innovation and fun. We are a multinational team with members all over the world from all walks of life and backgrounds, and we celebrate the diversity each member brings to the organization.
About This Role
As a data scientist, you will have the opportunity to leverage rich data and state-of-art machine learning infrastructure to develop data products to be used by tens of millions of crypto-currency users. You will collaborate with a strong team of engineers, data analysts, business operation and product/marketing managers to define and build solutions, features, algorithms and products based off our rich data and cutting-edge machine learning technology.
- Conduct applied research and development on security and financial aspects in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Work closely with other team members on implementing algorithms that will enable future products and empower end users.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, engineering, statistics, or related discipline is required
- 3+ years professional experience in machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques
- Experience with SQL and big data technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Experience in inventing new metrics, conducting root cause analysis, testing hypotheses and developing reporting/visualization solutions.
- Ability to work across the organization to identify high-friction areas or data gaps
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritization of multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results.
- Self-sufficient, and a strong bias for action
- An ownership mindset - acts and makes decisions on behalf of the company, not just the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Python/R or other machine learning software
- Applying statistical and machine learning methods to solve business problems
- Using analytical insights to help increase teams’ effectiveness against key strategic goals.
- Dealing with ambiguity, conducting deep dive analyses on business problems and formulating conclusions
- Acquiring, understanding and analyzing large and complex datasets
- Working closely with Software and Data Engineers to drive model/solution development, improving data quality, and validating models.
- Understanding of blockchain data structures and interfaces (BTC, ETH, and others)