Valid Network sees a world where security and blockchain go hand-in-hand, enabling enterprises to adopt blockchain applications quickly and with greater confidence. We are working towards securing the future of the global economy. Our team of experts, cybersecurity experts, early adopters of blockchain, and tech fans work together to balance experience and intelligence, with opportunity innovation and fun. We are a multinational team with members all over the world from all walks of life and backgrounds, and we celebrate the diversity each member brings to the organization.
About This Role
You are a security researcher with years of experience looking to bring your experience to the emerging blockchain application sector. We are looking for a Blockchain Security Researcher to investigate security issues and work within our software team to prototype systems that interact across the cyber and blockchain domains. Cybersecurity aspects of the systems involved are of particular interest, so some background in vulnerabilities analysis is beneficial. The position will involve Cyber Situation Analysis and troubleshooting distributed ledger technologies.
- Perform in-depth penetration and security assessment testing for different blockchain protocols, smart contracts, and software on a global scale.
- Conduct regular security audits and assessments from both a logical/theoretical standpoint and a technical/hands-on standpoint.
- Understand adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures and drives counter measures for IT managed systems and Garmin products.
- Educate product teams on security best practices by providing real-world examples and hands on training.
- Develop tools to automate security testing and enable more efficient discovery and resolution of security problems.
- Significant knowledge of security standards, security controls, software technology and software security.
- Speak fluently around cryptography and potential attacks.
- Apply real world security industry threats to company products.
- Ensure that all security requirements are met or exceeded.
- Apply deep knowledge of application attack vectors and mitigation techniques.
- Serve as a mentor and provides guidance to other team members.
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or another relevant field AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Other requirements include:
- Relevant, deep, hands-on, technical security experience with at least one of: Linux, Windows / AD, Cryptography, Mobile Platforms, Software Security (Source Code Auditing and Binary Reversing)
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard penetration testing frameworks including NIST 800-115
- Well-versed in computer networking protocols and devices, operating system internals, and computer system architecture
- Experience in reversing and debugging of consumer devices using standard digital and analog test equipment is desired.
- Demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a small team setting.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Proven vulnerability analysis skills
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Consistently demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work documentation and organization
- The ideal candidate must be able to convey complex security issues and risks while maintaining a positive relationship with product teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to build strong and actionable relationships in complex situations with multiple stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Enterprise applications and Enterprise Cyber Security.
- Ability to work collaboratively with functional peers across functions including Product, Development and Management.
- Experience as a Cyber Security Researcher.
- Experience in a start-up or entrepreneurial environment is a plus